Thursday, February 5, 2009

On "The View from Union Square" by Mika Taylor (2122 words) *****

Here's a story I love, in part because it does something different, something I've not seen before. That seems rare these days. Taylor set out to write a story from one hundred points of view, and came close. The setting seems mostly appropriate--a park, a man discovered dead. Such could, theoretically, gather a crowd (these days, though, I think most people would simply go on about their business--and in fact, many of those nearly one hundred people do). As the story started, I was left wondering if Taylor could pull this off, if there could be a story here, and if there could be any sort of ending that would manage to tie all things together. The answer, as I found out, is yes. Read the story here at Diagram.

No comments: